Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Review of A Bone to Pick (an Aurora Teagarden Mystery)


Aurora "Roe" Teagarden's fortunes change when a deceased acquaintance names her as heir to a rather substantial estate, including money, jewelry, and a house complete with a skull hidden in a window seat. Roe concludes that the elderly women has purposely left her a murder to solve. So she must identify the victim and figure out which one of her new, ordinary-seeming neighbors is a murderer- without putting herself in deadly danger.(www.goodreads.com)

My second in row. I'm reading this at work during lunch break, which is an ideal way to relax my brain muscles.
I've been lukewarm about the first installment, and this one is a lot like it. Only difference is that I'm already a little hooked on it. At the moment I'm reading the third installment. I'm just happy they aren't too thick. I breeze through them easily.
A Bone to Pick is a better novel than Real Murders though. Instead of various murders happening in this little town, Aurora stumbles upon a skull in a house she inherited. She tries to find out whose skull it is and whether the previous owner of the house had anything to do with it. A cozy little mystery which doesn't give away it's secret until the very end. The ending does feel blunt. You trail along with 'Roe' on her little investigation while her life continues and ultimately the answer is a bit forced down our throat to put an end to this novel.
The best way to describe this book, is that it is entertaining. I read it during one of those warm March days and this story takes place during a Georgia summer which gave me a great mind set to finish it.

Personal rating: 6,5 out of 10

Check out these other reviews!!!