Saturday, March 21, 2015

My thoughts on The Stranger


This is a very short book, only around a hundred pages. And still I didn't finish.
I'm not sure what to think of this book, but after reading two mastodonts of novels which disappointed in the end I just didn't want to spend more time on a book that would probably disappoint as well.

So, it didn't convince me after a quarter and since it's so small I only needed to read about 30 pages, so not much time wasted.

The few things I can say is that the novel is consisted of the narration of a very peculiar man, seemingly devoid of emotion. He is detached from the world and the people around him, making him very unlikeable and than I gave up.

Maybe it would've gotten better or I might have understood why this character is the way he is, but I just didn't feel like finding out.

Check out these other reviews!!!