Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Gone Girl (review)


In short?

Guy loses girl who he happens to be married to. Guy has trouble showing emotions and is ultimately pointed out as the suspected killer of his disappeared wife. 
But don't think that's it. 
Girl has some tricks up her sleeve as well. 

An addictive read? Do I think that's true?
I'm not sure, because I was reading it already knowing how it would end, which actually felt annoying.

I couldn't resist seeing the movie adaptation a while back, loving it, I'm loving the fact that the movie kept close to the novel which doesn't happen very often.

But thus ruining the reading experience a little.
It was still great to read more of their inner life, because that's always difficult to translate onto the big screen.

I'm a Gillian Flynn fan, having read everything she has to offer and liking it. My favorite still remains to be Sharp Objects, but Gone Girl is a close second.
It's quickly paced, intriguing, suspenseful and with a twist that packs a punch.
Flynn knows how to write and she does it well.

If you're looking for something fun to read, and mysterious enough to keep you guessing, stop and choose this one!

Check out these other reviews!!!